National Athletic Development Council
The National Athletic Development Council (NADC) is the leadership advisory organization supporting the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at Kent State University.
The purposes of the NADC are as follows:
- Provide advice and counsel to the President and Director of Athletics on the following: (1) National and Conference issues facing Kent State Athletics; (2) Strategic long term capital planning for Intercollegiate Athletics; (3) Annual goals for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics; (4) The development and maintenance of a comprehensive, private support program for Intercollegiate Athletics; (5) Provide leadership in the development and financing of an athletics capital and new endowment plan.
- To unite, in an organized effort, the alumni, friends, and students of Kent State University who wish to express their interest in the university and desire to serve her through their particular interest in Kent State University athletics.
- To uphold the aims and policies of athletics at Kent State University, of the Mid American Conference (“MAC”) and of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (“NCAA”).
- To encourage the attendance at Kent State University of outstanding prospective students, and to promote the university’s academic mission.
- To support, through contributions to Blue and Gold, funds maintained by the Kent State University Foundation and other activities, financial opportunities for Kent State University student athletes who qualify academically for assistance to be administered by the University Scholarship Office in accordance with MAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- To contribute, and to encourage donors to contribute, through Kent State University Foundation, in order to provide funding for athletic capital improvements (facilities, equipment, furnishings, fixtures, and projects) and endowments.
- Be positive ambassadors for Kent State University Athletics.